One click mediawiki install to www.mydomain.com?

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been trying to figure this one out and it seems to be a bug in the software. I can’t install mediawiki with a one-click install to www.mydomain.com. It automatically removes the www, putting the site on mydomain.com instead.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks

-Mike

Go to manage domains > go to the properties of the domain > set it to always show wIth www.

Oh no, that only seems to work for fully hosted domains. In order to do a one-click install I had to remove full hosting.

www.mydomain.com reports:

Site Temporarily Unavailable
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.

error id: “bad_httpd_conf”

mydomain.com works fine.

[quote=“mgjk, post:3, topic:52795”]
Oh no, that only seems to work for fully hosted domains. In order to do a one-click install I had to remove full hosting. [/quote] With respect, that is just not corrects. It is correct if you are trying to do an 'easy" one-click install, but for the “normal/advanced” one-click install, you must have the domain fully hosted.

[quote=“rlparker, post:4, topic:52795”]

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I’m using the “Easy” one-click install. I don’t want to have to maintain/upgrade the installation :slight_smile:

I think I found the problem. It looks like the DNS took a lot longer to propagate than I expected (seemingly over 24 hours?). It is working now.

There’s a quirk in the user interface for the “Easy” install. It defaults to something like: “wiki.example.com”. When you change to to “www.example.com”, it will report that it successfully installed to “example.com”. Dropping the “www”.

After 24 hours, “www.example.com” works fine. But because of the messages in the panel, and the time for the DNS to propagate, it looks like it never worked.

Thanks for the feedback and the help.