One-Click Installs

Have poked around a bit to find a list of One-Click Installs available. Would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

Mainly interested in CMSs but a complete list would be most excellent.

Ack! Found it and disappointed in its lack of scope.

That doesn’t preclude you from installing “a few more click installs” you can do yourself :slight_smile:

What plan is best for you?Compare from this list and select the best plan

Installing packages manually does have some advantages. For example; You tend to learn a little about how everything fits together, which can be a great help when things go wrong and something stops working as intended.

Mark

Get [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] DreamHost Discount using promo code “[color=#CC0000]SAVEFIFTY[/color]” (Click For Plan Comparison)

To answer the original question, for the benefit of those in the future who seek the same information, the Web Control Panel currently supports the following ‘one-click’ installs;

WordPress Weblog
phpBB Forum
Advanced Poll
osCommerce Store
Media Wiki
Joomla (Mambo) CMS
Gallery Image Album
WebCalendar

Mark

Get [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] DreamHost Discount using promo code “[color=#CC0000]SAVEFIFTY[/color]” (Click For Plan Comparison)

Dreamhost needs to update their KB then. It only lists WordPress, phpBB, Advanced Poll and osCommerce.

Yep, I’d Agree with that. There is a lot of information in the KnowledgeBase, but some of it is a little dated.

Mark

Thanks for the info Bob, I wasn’t aware that the Wiki existed.

When I get some time, I’ll have a look and contribute whatever I can.

Mark

I strongly suggest Drupal [drupal.org/] for a CMS. Joomla is okay but lacks in added features. Of course this is only my 2¢.

Wordpress is not bad either as a “CMS” as you can make non-bloggy pages as well. Dreamhost has Wordpress 1-click supported.

Since attempting to install Drupal locally with mySQL 5 and failing miserably and having to degrade to mySQL 4.x.xx.xxxx.xxx.x (jeez), I have decided to go with Drupal.

You had so much trouble with Drupal, yet you still decided to go with it? Is Drupal that impressive, or is the word ‘not’ missing from your sentence above? :slight_smile:

The trouble was my own fault. If I had read their forums, I would have never tried using mySQL 5.

All the tinkering I did while trying to get it to work actually taught me some things. Being a CMS virgin (actually web site development, in general), I can’t say whether what I learned would apply to other CMS packages or not but I feel comfortable tweaking Drupal even though my first attempts failed.

Why not wordpress?

[quote]Why not wordpress?

[/quote]

Becuase worpress really isn’t much of a platform if you want to do some tweaking. It’s not bad for what it is, but you can’t do much of anything beyond simple blogging with wordpress. Drupal is a CMS.

-Matttail

Well a very good CMS that is not listed there is
http://www.jaws.com.mx

Do a try… isn’t so hard to make it work :wink: