One account on DH, two different own's domain

Hi , I have a Hosting plans on DH and 1 domain registered me.

My brother have 1 domain registrered he.

I would like transfer brother’s domain on my DH account and register his domain to him.

Can I use my hosting plans for his domain ?
Could i have an envelopment for his domain transfer?

If your brother’s domain is registered at some registrar other than DreamHost, then you can easily arrange the transfer from within the DreamHost panel at Domains -> Reg. Transfer.

However, if your brother’s domain is registered under another DreamHost account, then I believe you will have to ask DreamHost support to do the transfer for you.

[quote]Can I use my hosting plans for his domain ?
Could i have an envelopment for his domain transfer?[/quote]
Yes, you can host unlimited domains under your DreamHost account.

Once the domain transfer has completed, you just need to add the domain to the DreamHost hosting system via the panel at Domains -> Manage Domains -> Add New Domain / Sub-Domain.

If you wish to keep this domain separate from your existing domain, you can create a new user for your brother and specify this user when adding the domain to the DreamHost hosting system. This way, when your brother logs in via FTP, using this new user, he will only ‘see’ the contents of his own home-directory, including the web directory for his domain(s).

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on all DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost Review)

ok thk.

Could DH create a separate invoice for my brother to pay domain register?

The transfered domain is registered at my brothers?

No, I don’t think this would be possible, as the domain would be under your account.

However, you don’t actually need to transfer the domain registration to DreamHost in order to host the domain under your DreamHost account. Your brother can leave the domain registered at his current registrar and simply change the name servers for the domain to point at the DreamHost name servers (ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2.dreamhost.com etc).

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on all DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost Review)