Once you've got an account

I’m thinking about signing up with DH… but I’m a bit confused.

I’m relatively new to the whole HTML thing and creating websites… I currently use Crosswinds to update my website online… would I be able to do that with DH or do I have to update my site another way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Lorraine xxx
losing_weight_feeling_great@yahoo.com

Hi, Lorraine…

You wrote:

[quote]I’m thinking about signing up with DH… but I’m a bit confused.
I’m relatively new to the whole HTML thing and creating websites…
I currently use Crosswinds to update my website online… would
I be able to do that with DH or do I have to update my site another
way?

[/quote]

Well, I’m a bit confused myself (nice to meet you!) .

If you’re talking about using Crosswinds.net’s “Homepage Utilities”… Yes, you can use FTP software to upload pages to Dream Host, or use your Web browser to do that.

See this link for info:

https://kbase.newdream.net/index.cgi?area=1036

But using FTP software isn’t hard at all. I’d say that if you’re coming to DH, you probably want more features than Crosswinds offers (CGI/Perl, PHP, etc.). If that’s the case, then you’re going to be plenty smart enough to use FTP. But if you have any questions about FTP or HTML, just stop by here and ask!

…Bob

Hi my name is patty and i just created a domain last week and a good friend said she would host me on dreamhost until i was ready to pay for dreamhost myself, i need some help with learning html (which)i am sort of learning , i so far got this on my site take a look , nothing there so far but just a blank black page and just the title ,needing help with layouts and getting started with tables ,really the whole thing, right now i want to start out simple . the site is www.scorpians.us

Hi, Patty! Congrats on getting started. You’ve already got your background color and your page title.

If you’re starting from scratch on learning HTML, I recommend visiting HTML Goodies and walking through the introduction and then the primers.

Good luck!