Okay, I'm having a stupid moment. PHP question

software development

I’m trying to configure a weblog to display posts in a similar way to the DH status page, in that it shows up as being posted x hours, x minutes ago. However, the how of doing that escapes me, and… well, the PHP manual’s really not helping. Is it something blatantly obvious that will more than likely make me hit myself with various blunt things?

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?

Is Dreamhost using a WP Plugin to make those annotations on the post? Just a thought.

–rlparker

It’s possible… unfortunately, they’d have to be the ones telling us and well, I don’t see that happening. :slight_smile: Although, I do know of a rather… um, complicated way to do what I need. I was just hoping for something a little less confusing and a little more… reliable.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?

I see your point - they may have “tweaked” the code, or their template, with a little extra PHP. It might be worth a look over at the codex or plugin-site though, as they might have used a commonly available plug-in, or there may be one very similar out there. :slight_smile:

–rlparker

What do you think of WP “relative date” plug-in for your needs (there may be others, but I have not yet made it through the “google” list) :wink:
–rlparker

That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks plenty. Now maybe one of these days I’ll move my Moveable Type blog over to wordpress…

Edited to add: I actually found this one by accident in between replies here. Same plugin, slightly different name, I suspect. Thanks just the same, though.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Doh! I feel pretty stupid right now for "ass"uming that your blog was running WordPress. :open_mouth: Sorry about that! Well, if nothing else, maybe there is some useful code in the example, or a similar MT “hack” out there.

Thanks for your patience with me!

–rlparker

No, you were correct. I’m working on another blog now that I want to run on word press, because some of the things I want to do for/with that blog, I can do easier with WP. My personal blog is run on moveable type, that’s all. Although, if I can get past the learning curve for WP, that might change, too. I love MT, but my programming ability sucks, so WP might win out if only because most of the programming’s already been done.

Yes, I have an opinion.

I use modular division to create this effect.

-Bradly