.nu domain transfer issue

Hello folks. I’m told that one cannot transfer a .nu domain. Is that true? Or is my registrar winding me up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You cannot transfer an .nu domain to Dreamhost, as they are not a registrar for that TLD. I don’t know which registrars can register .nu, but DH is not one of them.

–rlparker

Mr. Parker’s correct, but you can register .nu with GoDaddy. Most of my domains are registered at GoDaddy and I haven’t had any problems with them.

-Scott

Thanks for the replies, folks.

Actually, my hosting’s with DH but the .nu domain name in question is registered with Netrilium. I want to transfer the domain registration to Namecheap or Godaddy or somewhere else, basically, but apparently I can’t. That’s what I’m asking about. Sorry I wasn’t clear. I was posting at work when I asked the original question and I was a bit tense! :slight_smile:

Anyway, I hope some kind soul can advise me if it’s possible to transfer the registration of a .nu domain at all. Thanks!

You can’t transfer it if it was just registered/transferred within the past 60 days.

To get it from Netrillium, you’ll have to contact them to get your authorization code. Then jump over to your GoDaddy or Namecheap account and initiate a transfer.

-Scott

Thank you Scott and rlparker. I appreciate your help.