Notice: Undefined index: username in

I created a test site of for my admin site. I created a new database and a new subdirectory. I transfered files and changed the config.php to match the new database. when i try to login to the test admin site i receive this error.

Notice: Undefined index: username in /home/weldneeds/mywebsite.dreamhosters.com/application/controllers/login.controller.php on line 17

Notice: Undefined index: password in /home/weldneeds/mywebsite.dreamhosters.com/application/controllers/login.controller.php on line 17

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/weldneeds/mywebsite.dreamhosters.com/application/controllers/login.controller.php:17) in /home/weldneeds/mywebsite.dreamhosters.com/application/models/user.php on line 32.

The live admin site works fine. I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciative. I can post code as needed, i just don’t know what to post at this time. Thank you.

Some of these might help you (if you haven’t solved it, by now).

And you may want to change the file name like login.controller.php, as there are many crackers roaming to find common php login scripts, every day.