Not receiving rewards via paypal

DH panel of rewards showed that they have cashed out the rewards to my paypal account but I don’t see a penny of it in my paypal.

Do they usually delay the payment? My paypal is personal account, does this have anything to do with it?

Economics and Finance Guide
Make a Website

Who is the “they” you are asking about? DreamHost or PayPal? If DreamHost reports they have submitted your reward payment to PayPal but it is not yet showing up, I’d be contacting paypal and asking what’s up.

I have no idea if the type of paypal account you have could make a difference; you’d have to check on that with PayPal. I don’t see how it could make any difference on the DreamHost side of the process. :wink:

–rlparker

[quote]DH panel of rewards showed that they have cashed out the rewards to my paypal account but I don’t see a penny of it in my paypal.

Do they usually delay the payment? My paypal is personal account, does this have anything to do with it?[/quote]
The cashing out of the rewards in your panel has nothing to do with the actual remittance of funds to your PayPal account. It’s just their internal system resetting your rewards account and beginning the processing of your balance - which should either result in a check mailed to you or a payment to your PayPal account.

For example, when the first of the month falls on a non-business day, your Rewards account is reset sometime after midnight on the 1st, but payments aren’t processed until the first business day of the month. There are times when payments have been delayed for various reasons.

So far in the months where I’ve gotten any Rewards payments and the first of the month has been a business day, my PayPal credit has appeared on or around 6pm Pacific time on the 1st. It would be my best guess that payments will show up sometime soon, given that it’s now 6:53 pm PDT. Then again, I wouldn’t sweat it if the payment isn’t processed tonight.

BTW, you should also note that pending balances are not paid out.

Why all the panic?

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

Thank you sir for the hearty words. I’m panicing because it’s my first time receiving DH rewards via paypal. =)

Not receiving payment still, will see what happens.

New Webster Project: Redefine all English Dictionary Words!
Make a Website

Hey, it’s always exciting getting one’s first paycheck!

For reference, I received my Rewards funds via PayPal just after noon, PDT.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!