Not able to log onto Wordpress for the first time

wordpress

I just purchased a website name and hosting from DreamHost yesterday and I am not able to access my Wordpress account. I received the “Success installing WordPress on your site!” email and when I click on the link to log onto Wordpress for the first time (and reset Password), I get a “This site can’t be reached” error (see attached). I have tried logging on from a number of different devices/networks. Thanks in advance.

Try using manual url through your browser, http://www.[yourdomainnamehere].com/wp-login.php . Also sometimes if you are using a one-click software in your hosting there’s a chance the email you get is for older WordPress settings (sometimes the developer forgot to update it, so it is causing you an error) :grinning:

The “This site can’t be reached” error is usually because DNS hasn’t propagated. It can take up to 48 hours for DNS to fully propagate. Try again after a while.

Also, if you had given your website address, we could have checked to see if we are getting the same message, or if there is something in your setup.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.