Non-profit domain transfer procedure

I went through the transfer procedure as listed here http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Non-profit_Discount,

Filled out the form at www.dreamhost.com/signup, and faxed the form to the number listed.

How long does it typically take to hear back? Since I haven’t received a confirmation email, I’m getting worried. But I also understand that someone has to go through the faxes check if we’re a valid non-profit, match it to the account and activate it.

I know you guys are good since a lot of my friends host here.

Firstly, I should point out that this forum is primarily a customer to customer forum. Some DreamHost folks do post here on a semi-regular basis, but it is not the best place to ask questions directly of DreamHost.

The time to approve an account application does vary quite a bit, some are approved almost immediately, while others take a few days. In the case of non-profits, I suspect the approval time will tend to be longer.

If you have been waiting longer than a few days, I suggest you lodge a support request via the panel, enquiring about the status of your application. You can log-in to the panel using the email address and password you specified during the sign-up procedure, then go to Support -> Contact Support.

Good luck.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

just curious. How does DH evaluate the website to be a non-profit one?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

A link to this information was provided in the very first post in this thread, you did read the thread right? :wink:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Non-profit_Discount

[color=#0000CC]“In order to prove your non-profit status we need to receive one crucial piece of documentation. This is an official United States IRS letter indicating tax exempt non-profit status under the appropriate sections of the tax code. This is often called a 501©(3) determination letter.”[/color]

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

just confused by tax exempt.

tax exempt <> no tax right. If a company has no profit and does not need to submit any tax, we cannot say it is non-profit company. Unless it is tax exempt. Am I right?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

I guess if the organization is accepted by the IRS as ‘tax exempt non-profit’, and can provide documentation to prove this (ie: 501©(3) determination letter), then that is good enough for DreamHost.

Basically, it is not DreamHost that you have to convince of your ‘tax exempt non-profit’ status, it is the United States IRS. :wink:

Mark

its a pity that this free hosting offer isnt open to non united states based non profit groups. :frowning:

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)