Node and Passenger

There’s an issue with Passenger interacting with Node.

I can run my apps purely through node just fine, but for some reason If Passenger takes over, it just throws me an error “SyntaxError: Use of const in strict mode.”.

The server was previously running Node 0.12, it got updated to the latest version 9.2.0 and the problem should have been fixed. What am I missing here?

Honestly, if it ran on your machine in any version of node, then it should have ran on Dreamhost via Passenger. I personally found it a little tricky to get Passenger to cooperate. Maybe ensure you’ve updated your .htaccess file in your root directory to include:
PassengerNodejs /path/to/node/version/installation

1 Like

I had the same problem. It must be a bug of the upgrade. It should be corrected soon.

Which upgrade are you referring to? If you’re talking about the Ubuntu upgrade on shared hosting servers, then the next question is: have you already filed a ticket with Support? They need to be notified in order for them to investigate the issue at depth and open an internal ticket if necessary.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.