No .US domains? Why?

Just curious. I’d like to transfer my .us domain over here with Dreamhost, but the domain transfer says I can’t do that. What’s the reason for that? Any chance it will be fixed in the future?

Thanks,
Mark

There’s no need to transfer a .us domain over here. Just set DNS to use the DreamHost servers. I have a handful of .us domains. While I’d like to register them here, I can’t, but it doesn’t in the slightest bit interfere with my hosting here.
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/DNS

-Scott

The need is to not have yet another name and password for me to maintain with another domain registrar. Let alone try to remember how to manage their labyrinthine menu system whenever I want to change something. I also host my .US here, but I’d like the domain to be here too because it’s easier. So again, I ask… is this something that will be fixed in the future?

Thanks.

I don’t have any insight into their registrar business, but I’d say no. They already ditched their .la business. I don’t think they like being in the registrar business. To include .us would mean they’d have to modify their system to not allow anonymous WHOIS info. Probably trivial, but probably not worth the headache.

-Scott

That’s a bummer. Guess I need a new domain name. :-/