No response for tech support?

Ive sent in several URGENT tickets regarding my paysites being down, members areas being down- and gotten NO reply. Its been over 24 hours on the first ticket, 10 hours and 13 hours on the other two. This is a serious matter and of course theres no telephone contact number to be found. When can i expect some sort of service? This is ridiculous.

I’m sorry you have not yet gotten a reply. It’s possible that your submitting multiple "Urgent"support requests (for the same issue?) within 24 hours has had the effect of discouraging tech support folks from choosing your ticket(s) to deal with, and when there are more tickets than technicians, you don’t want that to happen. :wink:

If you PM me with account details (so I can find your tickets), I’ll look into it this afternoon for you and see if I can’t get you a response.

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

No, theyre seperate issues. Different sites have gone down. Ive tried to be patient, but its been a VERY long time.

Its now been 20+ hours and my site is STILL down with NO contact from tech support.

Read your PM’s, I’ve responded to you there. We try to answer all requests for support within 24 hours, but sometimes when it is really busy it might take longer. Filing more requests and forum posts won’t push you ahead in the line! :wink:

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

Im not trying to be rude, but i didnt submit anymore tickets. I did bump this thread in the forum, but im running a business- much as you are. And when my site is down and members are canceling due to no fault of my own, thats a problem i feel needs to be addressed. And waiting over 40 hours for a response isn’t acceptable. Im not looking to get bumped ahead in the line, i’m looking for the kind of service I would except one business person to another. Being talked down to by an EMPLOYEE in a forum doesn’t make me feel confident in your company, nor customer service skills. Thats not how you keep customers.

This is a forum primarily for customers to help each other, not a support forum for Dreamhost. What are you asking of your fellow customers? It’s not clear and I’m begging to feel like you’re wasting our time trying to contact support one-on-one through a one-to-many or many-to-many forum.

Apologies if I’m coming off as demanding, but I suppose I’m responding in kind to your tone. We (your fellow customers), can’t provide any helpful advice if you’re not looking for it and if you’re not looking for advice from us, you’re kind of wasting our time by posting this to us in our forum.

Sorry everyone, maybe I’m just short tempered because I came on here at 2am to see if I could help anyone and picked the wrong thread.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

I’m sorry, but I think you misunderstood me here (and seem to be a little sensitive, don’t you think?). I did not mean to imply that you were being rude at all, or that you had submitted additional tickets - I was referring to the initial repetitive tickets, that is all.

I guess your response here is just another piece of anecdotal evidence that the old saw, “no good deed goes unpunished” has its basis in truth, and explains why so few DH employees will participate here and offer to help. :wink:

There is always the chance when you go out of your way to help someone they will find some fault with your actions … I can live with that.

But fair is fair here. Your first support ticket was filed at Jan 20th, 2009 - 13:26:55, and you received the definitive response for that ticket, and your others, at Jan 21st, 2009 - 18:41:06. My math doesn’t get 40 hours out of that at all (though I agree that it would have been nicer had it been quicker).

The reality is that there may be times when it takes a day, or two, to get an answer to your problem, though that is very rare (as your own extended support history shows). You need to make a business decision here if you can live with that for what you pay, and if you can’t, then you would probably be a lot happier at a different host.

We rather have you happy than keep you as an unhappy customer. :slight_smile:

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

Heh. I know what you mean … that happens occasionally.

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support