No Domain? WTF

Ok I did the “DOMAIN Crazy” thing…spent around 120$ and dunno wtf to do. The domain isnt working? Infact it says its not registered! How long does it take to get registered? And how do I upload my old site via FTP on this?

Thanks,
Jake.

You have to be patient with domain registrations. The net can take up to a few days before the domain is registered with all the nameservers out there. So for example if you are trying to view your domain on the web and the ISP you are logged into hasn’t been updated yet, you will get “domain not found” from your browser. You should get instructions from DH on how to upload using ftp, and you can access the site without needing to wait for the domain to be updated across the net.

Peter
Pick your plan from this chart and join Dreamhost today!

[quote]The net can take up to a few days before the domain is registered with all the nameservers out there. So for example if you are trying to view your domain on the web and the ISP you are logged into hasn’t been updated yet, you will get “domain not found” from your browser.

[/quote]

To be frank, if your ISP does NOT update their nameservers in 24 hours, you should switch to another one; and if you are so unlucky that there is only 1 monopolistic provider locally, make sure this poor practice is known to the public so everybody knows how incompetent they are. Following NetSol’s DNS Rapid Update (implemented last September), most decent ISPs now update their nameservers at least a few times a day if not more often.

To have lived is not enough for them, they have to talk about it. – Samuel Beckett

usually takes upto 3 days maximum :slight_smile:
in the mean while enjoy the breeeeeeze:D