Newbie can't send email

Hi there, I’m new to Dreamhost. I have my mail set up in Outlook express, exactly like it said to do. I can receive mail with no problems, but I am unable to send email, or even reply to a received email. So basically, I can’t send email at all. Here’s the error I keep getting…

The connection to the server has failed. Account: ‘mail.thefunkyolive.com’, Server: ‘mail.thefunkyolive.com’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’d guess your ISP is blocking port 25 as I can get a response from your mail server without issues.

You can follow the instructions at this link http://wiki.dreamhost.com/SMTP_Port_587 to use port 587 to connect.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

Many ISP’s block port 25. The work around is to reconfigure Outlook Express to use Port 587 instead.

Additionally, these specific Outlook Express instructions might be helpful. :wink:

–rlparker

Oops! Sorry for the “what he said” post - I was typing the same time you were and you were faster! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

The story of my life…

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

Thanks guys… 587 was the ticket.