New WordPress Installation acting wierd

wordpress

I am trying to install Version 4.6.1 for the first time.

I was following the readme file

But when I did this, I got:

HTTP 500 error

I had to ask the web hosting company about this and they seemed to fix the problem and I was able to install wordpress. Now I have another problem. After I log on, I see the directory of the admin area. Please advise.

Nothing?

OK, so, if you don’t want to look at the short video, I will explain. After I log on as the administrator, I see the directory of the admin folder.

Your video didn’t scroll down to show the rest of the wp-admin directory, but I’d bet it’s missing the index.php file. If that’s the case, other stuff might be missing. You could go to wordpress.org and download the source, then re-upload just the wp-admin directory, but just to be safe, I’d reinstall the whole thing. You can save your current wp-config.php file to speed up the install process a bit. Plus any other plugin or theme directories you also installed. And the /wp-content/uploads folder.

I am facing same issue in My blog https://www dot howtoseeks dot com/ Any working and easy tip then tell please.

[admin edit: removed the clickable link. New account, one post only, no details, linking to a site of dubious quality… Assuming good intentions here, warned the user]

Yeah, It’s rare but it’s possible it didn’t change on the server for some reason.

Hi,this is rosezam.I want to know WordPress installation action.It is how to work WordPress that means theme.If you know this about you help me clearly.

Since this is an old thread with very few details, I will now close it. Anyone having issues with WordPress, please check https://help.dreamhost.com where there are a lot of guides to help you troubleshoot your site.

If you still have questions, please ask them here by providing details: where is your site hosted? how did you setup wordpress? what do you expect to see? what actually happens? What do you see in the logs? What have you done to debug the issue? The more details you provide, the more likely you’ll get meaningful answers on the forum.

Let me start by saying that I have moved dozens of websites from one server to another, without issue.

I recently moved a website and when the URL is visited, a file named “download” with no extension and only a 1KB file size downloads automatically. I backed up all files and downloaded the databases using four different methods, just to make sure: BackWPup, BackUpWordPress and manually by zipping the files & downloading the files via FTP.

The original website works perfectly on the original server.

I used the method I’ve always used when moving to a new server.

On the new server:

Create new DB, user and import database
Upload files and unzip
Edit wp-config.php with new DB name, user, password

Mini Militia App Lock 7Zip