New website

I registered a .com address with a registrar here NZ and then set about having the site hosted at Dreamhost. I did a WordPress one click install and the files seem to load ok (I could see them via webftp) though I never managed to get to the WordPress setup page to begin using WordPress to create a site.

I had set the name servers to the Dreamhost ones and had the registrar here in NZ check the DNS was all ok and had been fully moved. It’s saying FULLY hosted on the Dreamhost panel. The NZ registrar said “Everything is looking fine on our end. The domain is resolving with Dreamhost’s nameservers and I can also access the site. However, I’m getting the following error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/nzkiwi1/www.whytehead.com/wp-config.php on line 49 This looks like an issue with your WordPress blog setup.”

I have just been in and deleted the WordPress files via FTP and tried to do another one click install. HOWEVER, I am getting this message when I try and view www.whytehead.com “Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server’s DNS address.”

AND this message on Dreamhost panel when I try to reinstall Wordpress via one click “Error! Whoops! There was an error while trying to install wordpress for you! WordPress has already been installed at http://www.whytehead.com!”

What am I doing wrong???

thanks in advance for your help

Panel > Goodies > One-Click Installs

• Click Manage Installed Applications
  • Click on the the redundant installation and hit Delete All Files

Panel > Domains > Manage Domains

• Click Edit next to whytehead.com
  • Click the Change Settings button under Fully Hosted (no need to alter anything)

Panel > Goodies > One-Click Installs

Thanks for this. Did it all as above and got the confirmation email from Dreamhost that I had “Success installing WordPress on my site”. Email tells me to click link to set up admin on the account and when I do I get

“Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server’s DNS address.”

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks

Looks like you have it all sorted. I imagine it just took a little extra time for your DNS changes to propagate across the www

Thanks - it was actually an issue with Chrome (as others could see it fine at the time but I could not). I could not see anything other than the DNS error message but when I switched to IE it was showing ok. I am not sure what is going on with Chrome as I have a couple of other niggly performance issues on another site. Will get rid of all the extensions and plug-ins and do a delete and reinstall and see if that works.

CrapCleaner is handy for clearing out all browser caches from time to time.

Thanks for the tip re CrapCleaner, as I had cleared cache etc. Ended up dumping Chrome completely and doing a fresh install. Now all good.