New user needs advice on Additional CSS

Hi all

I’ve recently registered as non-business user with dreamhost and am setting up a site based on a template.

I would like to change the font and the only way I can see to do this is via CSS as there are not font options anywhere that I can see.

I have tried editing the css sheet, I have tried using the Additional CSS on the customize page but neither results in a change in font. Am I missing something on the formating perhaps? I’ve looked around for help but while css help in general is easy to find, if it’s not having an effect I must be doing something wrong.

Is there a help page to outline how to use the Additional CSS box? Is there something obvious I’m overlooking?

FWIW I’m using the Argent theme - I like its very plain and simple look but the font used for the header looks completely out of place.

Edited to add - I realised I could add plug-ins to do this, so have managed to change the font. Still not sure what I’m doing wrong in the additional CSS box though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.