I’m a new user to DreamHost, though I’ve brought up test s3 websites in aws and before. Unfortunately my experience has been poor so far.
- received a nice email to say I didn’t complete registration. Gave me a link to register. Link didn’t work. Gave me sales@dh email… email bounced as I wasn’t on their records.
- dreamhost.com says “graham.xyz” is available, but when paying for it, it was unavailable.
- registering via the panel “grahamx.xyz” failed first attempt, error “Can’t use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/ApiCall/Enom.pm line 185.”
- 15 minutes later, tried again to register same domain, and it worked okay. hu?
- started following tutorial "How to create static website with DreamObjects"
- Installed S3cmd okay, and tested making and deleting buckets to dreamhost okay (as per instructions)
- “Creating the bucket” fails to work when following the instructions. s3cmd error:
- I was able to create the bucket using the web panel portal okay.
What is this s3cmd certificate error about? How do I get this to work?
Tutorial "Creating the DNS entry"
The 2nd issue that I have with the tutorial above, is it says to go to “Panel ->: Domains”.
(I believe this to mean the “Manage Domains” on the left menu)
- As per instructions, how do I add a custom DNS record, and pick CNAME ?
- Do I need to select “+ Add Hosting” icon first? When I do, I see no options to create custom DNS records. Does this mean I need to purchase more services from DreamHost?
- When I go to the “Registrations” page (left menu in panel) and click on the created domain, the whois information specifically doesn’t list .xyz domains. Does this mean that DreamHost doesn’t look after .xyz addresses?
I’m finding problems every step of the way… should I just give up now?