New to This

wordpress

Hi there,

I have been editing a wordpress website (www.fsx-atc.com) for quite a while now. I decided to create my own website recently but I’ve hit a brick wall.

I have registered with dreamhost under fsxworldwide.co.uk and installed the wordpress thing with one click from the dreamhost panel.

That’s as far as I’ve got! I can’t seem to work anything else out! My website doesn’t show when I type it into a browser (Error establishing a database connection).

I want to be able to view the login page for my wordpress website so I can start editing and building but I’m getting extremely confused with the bits like FCL, PHP, SQL and all that stuff! I just want to be able to edit my site using wordpress.org bits and pieces as I’ve done before on a different site but I just can’t seem to work out out to do it!

Can someone help please :frowning:
[hr]
I have a login on wordpress.com but the dashboard and layout differs from the one I’m used to. So Im practically starting off from scratch.

Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at mysql.fsxworldwide.co.uk. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

Generally that means your wp-config.php doesn’t have the right password :slight_smile:

You seem to be working now, though.