New to fastcgi and rails

software development

I’m trying to deploy my first rails application and find that it is EXTREAMLY slow to load. Now I know I’m not the most efficient programmer but 20-30 seconds per page is a little beyond something even I could mess up.

I have FastCgi turned on from the cpanel. and I have .fcgi in all the correct places in my .htaccess file. But I’m still confused as to how this all works.

How does the dispatch.fcgi script get run? Do I need to start it somehow? How can I check to see if it’s running or how much memory its taking up?

After following the instructions in the wiki I thought I would have a slick new web app however nothing could be further from the truth.

Todd,

I’m in the same boat as you, have you had any luck speeding things up?

It’s sloooooooooooooooooooow. I check the processes and there’s a bunch of zombie fcgi processes running. What the hell? I have no idea what to do.

I don’t see zombie preocesses running. I notice that, when I tail my log files, that it takes a while to start up a dispatch.fcgi process and it terminates right after the page loads. So I’m confused about the whole process.

I have been getting horribly slow speeds the last few days too. In fact, they’ve been the first few, and LAST few days hosting here.

As much as the plans and the CPanel are nice, the FCGI implementation just seems broken :frowning:

Currently in the process of taking them up on the 97 day money back policy.