New to DH

I have a few questions about the site & stuff.

1. For SmartFTP, what is my host & path information?
  2. When I get logged on, where do I put my all files? What folder?
  3. When I go to my address, it says “Host Not Accessible”. Should it say that?

All my stuff is activated and everything, I just didn’t know this stuff. Thanks to anyone who helps!

Either your machine name (you can see it in the panel) or your domain name will work for the host; for the path, put /home/yourusername.

If you want files to be accessible from the Web, you’ll have to put them in /yourdomain.com.

When I go out to drive my car, the “brakes disabled” light comes on. Is that supposed to happen? Seriously, though, your domain should resolve as an empty directory listing; if it isn’t, then make sure that you’ve added it to your hosted domains, and that you’ve given it some time to propagate.

emufarmers.com
Very little to do with either emus or farmers!

The domain name doesn’t work for FTP, I put in the same information except the host and it doesn’t work. It only works for the server at dreamhost. And I did put files in /tea-panda.net/ but I still get the “Error: Host Not Accessible”

Only the server name is working for FTP because your domain hasn’t propagated yet. You need to wait anything up to 72 hours for that to happen.

si-blog | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Thanks.

Note:

This is not actually correct. You will want to put it in /home/yourname/yourdomain.com (assuming your domain is configured the way domains are normally configured at dreamhost. You won’t be able to write to /yourdomain.com

Just trying to stop you from having to commit suicide.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!