New site

I hope you can help. I have been up all night trying to fix this. I just created my site using Web Page Maker. I published it to DreamHost but when I go to my website (www. wolfmountainweb.com) I just get an index of directories instead of my site running. When I click on the folders (i.e. Home) my site runs correctly. I need to find out how to make the site run correctly when accessing it from the web.

Rename home.html to index.html

Rename Home.html to index.html (lowercase). Don’t forget to rename the Home.html links on the other pages too.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Thanks, it worked!!!

You’re awesome.

Dave

You rock!!

Thanks,

Dave

When I add new stuff to my webpage, and I publish it from my webpage maker, does it override the old html folder, or do I have to delete it and then publish the new stuff?

I’m not familiar with “Web Page Maker”, so I have no idea what it will do. There is, presumably, a setting somewhere that will allow you to have index.html as your preferred home page filename. Their website has no online documentation or anything like that, so I cannot see whether or not it has that option.

Since you have a very simple, four-page website, you might want to consider learning how to code the pages by hand.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

I’m not familiar with Web Page Maker, although I’d assume that you simply overwrite any files you wish to change. Can you upload files one by one?