New site & temp URLs?

Hi there.

We’ve been using Dreamhost for our website for about 8 months now, and love it. I want to make a second website, but I’m a little unsure on the specifics of how to do what I want.

We have 2 users. For our existing site, I log into FTP and such with our primary username. It’s all in the home dir of /home/primaryuser , and it all works great.

For the second site, I want to have it exactly the same way, but using /home/seconduser and logging into FTP and such with the secondary username. I don’t know yet what domain name I want to use, so I was going to build the site first and figure out the URL later.

Is there a way for me to have a temporary URL for the second site? I am sure this is a really simple answer but it’s escaping me and I can’t seem to find it in a search. I can already FTP into the directory using the secondary username, but I don’t know how to get to it from the almighty intarweb.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

One option would be to add a free dreamhosters.com sub-domain under the second user. You could then use this sub-domain to build the site until you have the real domain for it.

Mark

Web Hosting Reviews | DreamHost Promo Code

Awesome.

I wasn’t sure if that would work. Thanks much!

Are you going to build the site from scratch or are you going to use a one-click install?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options