New Hosting plan & price

DreamHost now has new Hosting plans & prices.

Do any of you know if these are for NEW customers only or for ALL customers?

For example, presently I have the CRAZY DOMAIN INSANE plan at $190.80 for 2 years (7.95/mth). But what they offer now for a 2-years plan costs $214.80 (8.95/mth).

I am due to renew in November: For a 2-years plan, should I pay $190.80 or $214.80?

If history is a precedent, your current plan will auto-renew at your current pricing. Then again, my sister got a message from support that “all of our current customers will eventually be moved over to this plan”. Then again, someone else got a message from support just saying that old customers were just going to get their old disk and bandwidth limits doubled, which would seem to imply that they could switch to the new plans or just keep renewing their old plans.

My own panel looks a little funny in that I think my bandwidth limits have been doubled but my disk limits haven’t been.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

Mine looks even funnier, because it looks like my bandwidth quota has increased by more than it’s weekly increment, but has not doubled, while my disk quota seems to have actually decreased (from it’s outrageously high level from over 9 years of hosting here).

The disk quota is really irrelevant for my purposes - it’s more than enough! :wink:

–rlparker

You can just wait and it’s supposed to get updated automatically some day. I however just when ahead Billing->Manage Account->Edit (on selected hosting plan) and renewed it for a year. Then you get all the goodies immediately plus your previous payments are applied towards your new plan, so no money will be lost. Of course, who will need 500GB space? :slight_smile:

Jan

Promo-Code: [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY97[/color] - Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on your first year of hosting.
Get more promo codes here

OK, I’ve verified with support that if you let your plan autorenew it will autorenew with your original plan and pricing. If you change your plan, the only plans you can change into are the new plans.

So…

[quote]For example, presently I have the CRAZY DOMAIN INSANE plan at $190.80 for 2 years (7.95/mth). But what they offer now for a 2-years plan costs $214.80 (8.95/mth).

I am due to renew in November: For a 2-years plan, should I pay $190.80 or $214.80?[/quote]
To beat a dead horse:

1. If you let your account autorenew, you will pay $190.80.
  2. If you update your plan before then, you will pay $214.80 if you choose the two year option.

Keep checking here for updates on the supposed doubling of disk and bandwidth on old plans. My bandwidth has been doubled but my disk remained the same. rlparker had some interesting stuff go on with his wacky limits too! :slight_smile:

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts