New hosting & domain transfer

hi,
i’m planning to host my site here, and since i’m in indonesia and quite unsure about the procedure i think i’d like to know which method is recommended (i kinda avoid paypal because i rarely buy anything online).
also, i’m thinking about hosting 2 or more domain in my account, would love to have one domain for free :D, but since i’ve registered my domain, i wonder will the offer still good for it if i transfer my registrar to dreamhost. i understand the transfer will cost one year payment, but i’m unclear about the rest of the deal …
so maybe to make this clearer, i’ll write it in step by step

1. if i have a domain, let’s say www.mine.com, already registered, is it still valid for the domain free policy?

2. how much would it cost?

3. which payment method from my country is recommended? credit card or wire transfer?

4. how will i monitor the transaction?

thanks in advance for the answer, as you might see i’m a newbie in this trade :smiley:

ps: sorry if this has been asked before, i couldn’t find the answer in search so i thought maybe i should post a new thread…

Even if you choose the smallest hosting plan, then you will still be able to host three full domains without extra cost (and even the smallest plan is very large - you get a lot more than you would at other hosting companies). All you need to pay is the plan itself, and any domain names you register as well.

Now, to answer your questions one by one:

1. if i have a domain, let’s say www.mine.com, already registered, is it still valid for the domain free policy?
    With the plan, you get one domain registration for free. I am not sure if this could also be used to transfer your existing domain, but you could keep your existing domain like it is and use the free registration for one of the two others you are planning.

2. how much would it cost?
    As I said earlier, you can host everything inside a single plan because even the smallest plan can host three full domains, and there are 800 MB space so that should be more than enough. You could also choose a bigger plan – note that they have reduced the price of the second-biggest plan. Compare the plans here.
    Apart from the hosting cost, there is the domain registration cost. DreamHost advertise with $14.95 per domain per year. This is not the cheapest on the market, but I would choose DreamHost for this anyway simply because they do a great job and you would know that the registration is in good hands. Read more here.

3. which payment method from my country is recommended? credit card or wire transfer?
    I would recommend using a normal credit card, unless you feel this is not safe to use over the Internet. Using a credit card is also the fastest way to get started. If you want to play around first without paying anything, you could register as a user for free and test their web control panel first. And remember that DreamHost gives you a 91-day 100% money back guarantee, so you’re pretty safe anyway.

4. how will i monitor the transaction?
    If you pay by credit card via the Dreamhost webiste, then they will immediately send you a confirmation e-mail. You can also check with your bank, or any other method like you normally check your transactions.

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options