New FTP user?

Hi

I tried to set up an FTP user for one domain only on my acct. It said I would be able to set limits and permissions at the end of the process. When I entered a username, it said that name was taken.
I entered a new username and it took it fine. BUT when I was done the user did not show at all nor did the name that it said was already taken!???

Can anyone help me with this?
I don’t want them to have free access to everything, just the FTP in one acct.

Thanks

“Try to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.”

bump

It sounds like something’s wrong. The one user is all ready taken because we’re all on one of a few FTP hosts, so there is the possibility of some name being taken. However, the name that was successfully created should be showing up. You should contact DH support.

MacManX.com

I’ve encountered this problem once before… There must be a bug in the script. Whenever you go to create a new user somewhere, and the first attempt is invalid, you won’t get the full confirmation step following your success.

Simply try again, this time without choosing the taken username first. If you pick one that taken, log out, and log back in again, and then do it… To be safe.

Thanks, I finally heard from tech support. I tried again and it seemed to work, they now seem to have access to the whole package and not just the FTP on that domain :frowning:

Thanks

Apparently now they have access, but are ending up in the mail logs Dir, from what I can gather. From there they can not see the index.html etc.
I have asked them about their ability to go up a Dir, but have not heard back yet.