New FormSpree is PITA

I’ve been updating and testing the replacement to the old FORMMAIL since it gets removed on Feb 15

The recommended replacement is FormSpree.io

I’ve converted the forms, uploaded the new static pages, done some test submissions and confirmed the email as requested for each URL.
Each form is redirected to either a “thank you” page or to a page to PAY.
This won’t happen until the form URL and email are CONFIRMED.
Despite doing this days ago and subsequent testing showing that everything was working fine, I have now had TWO submissions from users that were UNABLE TO PAY because after they submitted the form, instead they got a “confirm your email” page from FormSpree.io

This means FormSpree has no record of the original confirmation and I have to do it all over again. wtf?

Message to support at FormSpree about this has not been acknowledged.
Now I will have to look at the PHP form that someone in another thread posted as a replacement for this.

I originally tried to upload the original FORMMAIL.pl file to one of my sites for testing so I could MAYBE use the original forms that I have been using for a decade, but it doesn’t seem to work for some reason and I can’t get the 755 permissions to “stick”.

I’m not impressed with that decision either.

I have been using templates from http://myphpform.com/. They work great, but you do have to have some knowledge of PHP to configure them. They are not an out-of-the-box solution. (Of course, if you can handle basic HTML, you can handle basic PHP—it just requires some googling and experimentation.)