I’ve been working on the better part of two days trying to speed up my newly hosted Dreampress site. However, I am still having a delay issue with the site. In the browser, when you either click or enter in my URL, there is a delay from the entry to bringing up any content. Once the content starts coming up, it comes up pretty quickly.
I have configured W3 Cache for use with with Disk Enhanced with all local options except for minify. (No CDN etc)
I have tried disabling all plug-ins. (This did improve but not alleviate the delay)
I have tried reverting to the Wordpress 2010 theme (due to it’s simplicity)
I have tried pulling some of my hair out
No matter what I have tried thus far, there is still an initial delay loading the pages on the site. After that it is practically instant grabbing it from cache.
This is the site I need help with: http://christian-gaming.com/