New Dreamhost.com design

i really love the new site design … it simply rocks !!
can i ask who the designer is ?

It is nice, isn’t it? Brett Dunst, is credited with the new Dreamhost design. I think he goes by “ooiioo” over on irc://#dreamhost.com (from some of the recent traffic over there) :wink:
–rlparker

A big thumbs up from me too :slight_smile:

I like the new design, the old one was getting a bit stale. Although, some of the random employee pics are a bit scary :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

A bit scary? I’d say a bit camera shy!

I do like the personal feel it has. Showing actual employees instead of library pictures of models.

Save $97 on all yearly plans with the promo code [color=#CC0000]DREAMZAP[/color] – zaps the monthly plans too!

The new design is softer and cleaner. I like it!

But, in customer login you ask for the email instead of the usual username. For a while I didn’t even remember what email i used! I have dozens of emails!

Fortunately the direct link still worked :slight_smile:
https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi

Bye!!!

DreamHost $97 discount - code: 97promo

I noticed that you can still log in with your WebID even though it says e-mail.

The new layout is great… but I miss the passed-out fat kid. :frowning:

[website | stephen harper | myspace]

Have no fear…he will return! The images are cycled on page loads, so if you really want to see “the kid”, just refresh periodically and he will eventually come back :wink:
–rlparker

I don’t mind the new look, not so sure about the pictures but apart from that it looks good. The update was definitely overdue that’s for sure.

Web Hosting Reviews | Shonky’s Blog | Hot Product Directory

Is the whole panel being re-done as well? I like the familiarity of it as-is, but a more Web 2.0 look couldn’t hurt…

I like the new design…and especially the feeds on the homepage… I’d usually never even post on this forum except that I saw a few titles of interest…

Nice addition.

Cheers!

• Alar

:wink:

I think re-doing the whole panel would require a lot of work, and depending on how smoothly the transition goes, customers may have to put up with the lack of access to certain features for periods at a time.

Save $97 on all yearly plans with the promo code [color=#CC0000]DREAMZAP[/color] – zaps the monthly plans too!

I really hope they don’t make any major changes to the panel, I like it how it is.

When I first started with DreamHost, the panel did seem strange and different, but over time I’ve grown to appreciate its functionality and couldn’t imagine myself using anything else now.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

The new design, however, doesn’t validate; it claims in its doctype to be XHTML 1.1, but fails to live up to the syntax rules of this format (which are much stricter than older ones such as HTML 4.01).

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.dreamhost.com/

Also, I don’t like pages having fixed pixel widths; that’s so inflexible (though the dee-zyn-ers these days seem incapable of doing anything else).

– Dan