New Domain

I recently bought the cheapest hosting plan from DreamHost which states I can have unlimited domains. This came with my initial .com name, but yesterday I bought another domain. All I received is a receipt for this and no details, so i’m wondering if it’s just a sit and wait thing because it hasn’t been more than 24 hours or do I have to take another action. My best guess would be that the domain would show up in my control panel with my other domain, but it’s yet to do this and maybe it’s too early, i’d just like to know.

You’ve probably bought the domain name, but haven’t set up DreamHost to host it. In the control panel, try going to Domains>>Manage Domains and then click on “Add New Domain / Sub-Domain” and enter your new domain name there.

DreamHost separates the steps of registering a new domain and hosting it.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Thank you very much, that seemed to be the problem.

Project Lyrics - Lyrics, Music, Tabs, and More
Relax-Insomnia

I hope you are not confusing hosting domains with registering domains.
You can host unlimited amount of domains on DH, but every domain that you register after the free one that you get, you have to pay for it.

Also if you have any other domain on another registar, you can either set the Name Servers to DH for free. But if you transfer the registration to DH, the next rebills of the domain will be done by DH, and not your old registar.

Hope I helped.

BUGabundo :o)
promo here
50$ discount with promo code “BUG50” on ALL plans
Free lifetime Domain with “BUGDOMAIN” promo code

Alright, I did what Lensman said, now how long do I have to wait before the files start showing up for the domain. On my ftp, they automatically added the new domain folder, but it’s not working yet.

Relax-Insomnia

Could take anywhere between 12 and 72 hours.

If you need to use the domain to help set it up before then, there are ways around that for your own personal machine by creating a custom entry in your local computer’s hosts file.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Today, makes number 4 since i’ve added my new domain to the manage domain feature in their control panel. They instantly added a domain.com folder in my ftp, yet the index doesn’t show up so I think i’m going to email support and see what the deal is.

Relax-Insomnia

Putting in a ticket sounds like the right course of action.

What do you mean by “the index doesn’t show up”?