New domain with DH plan?

Hello everybody,
in 4 months I have been with DH for a year, and that means one of my domains, which came with the hosting plan, gets renewed as well. Is it possible to change this domain name to something else, if I cancel the current one?

Thanks in advance for any help. :slight_smile:

I think you need to speak to the horses mouth and contact support for the definitive answer.

I could say yes you can or I could say no, just because it is Thursday.

So you would really need to speak to the people who can say yay or nay!

I would think that if the current domain is allowed to expire so that you effectively had no domain you would still have claim to a ‘free domain’ so could register another. But is your expired domain seen as the one and only free domain? I know that either way the costs would remain the same and you would not get any pecuniary advantage out of it.

So it is definitely one for a support gringo.

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

Yeah, that’s what I thought, but I didn’t want to bother the support if somebody here knew it. Thanks for the reply! :slight_smile:

Yeah, talk to support – but I could have sworn that I’ve read that they’ve done it for others.

If you have it set to auto-renew, I’d change that to manual/ask for now.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

My understanding is that you get a free renewal every year, regardless of what domain you choose to apply it to. All my domains were set on “Let expire” and when a year passed, all the domain prices were $0.00 to renew for a year. I picked one to renew free, and the rest went back to $9.95 right after that

[website | stephen harper | myspace]

Yep, I just got reply back from support, and they said just to let it expire and get a new one after that.

Thanks everybody!