New Domain Question

Hey everyone. So Ive been hosting 2 of my sites on Dreamhost for almost a year and I made a new domain on Monday (10-10-2005) and its still not up and running. I know they said 1 - 3 days and I’ve been very patient. I even emailed DH several times with no response. Any ideas on whats up?

That’s the longest I’ve heard - seems odd, although they just came off that big campaign and might be backlogged. Seems too long for the internet/DNS propagation.

Compare plans here and use sweetdream25 at signup to save an instant $25 off.

Yea thats what I thought too. I did everything you 're supposed to do and I even checked with DH and they just said that everything was good to go but to just be patient.

But I just noticed in my DH panel that if I go to “Manage Domains” the new domain doesnt even show up there and I did add a new domain…where it said to.

So…how exactly do I know if its up?

You can post it here and some of us (who are all over the world) can see what the status is - if our ISP’s know about it.

If you don’t want to announce it, you can send me a private msg and I can check it for you.

Another suggestion is to go to and search from there to see if it’s been registered.

Compare plans here and use sweetdream25 at signup to save an instant $25 off.

the url is:

The problem is definitely at DreamHost’s end, as your WHOIS information is correct, but the website is listed as inactive. You should try contacting support again.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

Yea I’ve emailed them twice. Once on Friday night and once this morning. Not sure what else I can do but this is extremely frustrating. Does anyone know if DH is open on weekends? Maybe thats why they arent responding.

I take it you got through, because I’m seeing the site fine. Cute domain name.