New domain doesn't work; subdomain does

Hey all-- brand new to dream host. Hope this isn’t the world’s most redundant question.

Today I registered on dreamhost. Right afterward, I accessed my domain without difficulty. I then did a 1-click Wordpress install for a subdomain and the domain. After installing wordpress to the domain, however, I haven’t been able to access it at all. I was in the middle of the registering an administrator step to my domain when I stopped being able to access it. The subdomain works just fine, but I continually get the server busy/‘firefox cannot access this page’ message on the domain.

what gives? what did I do wrong? How can I fix it?

Thank you so, so much

When you register a new domain name (or a change to it) this can take up to 48 hours to flow around the internet. There are a lot of forces at play and you may have been ‘lucky’ that your PC initially found the new DNS entry but someone it got flushed again.

You usually just have to wait on the update happening and a lot is down to how quickly your own internet provider updates its DNS records. I personally use Google for my DNS lookups and they are pretty fast at getting updates.