New DH customers: DO NOT pay by money order

I just want to warn new customers to DH not to pay the way I did. I sent in a money order on the 16 of February, and it is now the 11 of March and I have YET to get my web space.

So, if you want FAST results, pay by credit card. A two day wait is a hell of a lot better then what I’ve been waiting. :frowning:

2 day wait? I got my webspace within 1hour

GottaDeal.com Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

Twista,

Just wanted to give you mad props for a seriously good site :slight_smile:

IAmAtMyWitsEnd

Are you sure they received the money order? That sounds a wee odd that it would take that long for them to receive the funds and than to process your payment…you might want to start a support ticket on this issue and see if they are in receipt of the funds.

IAmAtMyWitsEnd

Yes, I did notify them; they got back to me a few hours later and they said that they had recently moved and were having their mail transferred. They said that was the cause for the delay…but I mean c’mon. 2 weeks?! That’s a long time. I can see a week but 2 is pushing it.

[quote]Yes, I did notify them; they got back to me a few hours later and they
said that they had recently moved and were having their mail transferred.
They said that was the cause for the delay…but I mean c’mon. 2
weeks?! That’s a long time. I can see a week but 2 is pushing it.

[/quote]

I’m very sorry for this - we did recently move our headquarters. For some reason (staff reduction, if I recall) the post office wasn’t forwarding all of our mail, and that which wasn’t heavily delayed ended up being sent back to the sender. This issue is temporary, as long as you use our new address from now on:

DreamHost Web Hosting
PMB #257
417 Associated Rd.
Brea, CA 92821

I will agree on one thing, though: paying by credit or debit card is much better. For one thing, we are unable to provide money back refunds for check/money order payments. Your account is also activated immediately upon sign-up, not after we receive the payment. Finally, you are less dependent on the post office, which is never a bad thing.

So, while we support payment via alternative means, credit/debit card is definitely recommended if you have one.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

I wonder how many people work at dreamhost, they seems to have trouble treating new subscriptions.

Jean-Michel Desrosiers AKA Jaz

huh? explain this one jaz.

<Yes, I did notify them; they got back to me a few hours later and they said that they had recently moved and were having their mail transferred. They said that was the cause for the delay…but I mean c’mon. 2 weeks?! That’s a long time. I can see a week but 2 is pushing it.>

ek, all due respect, if youve ever purchased things on eBay, Overstock, or Amazon using a similar payment option (money order), i think you will be instructed that it can take upwards of 10 business days for processing…i do feel your frustration, but, you could have more easily dealt with this matter simply by creating a PayPal account or puchasing one of those mastercard debit cards that you add money to as needed…these options provide you with an extra level of security to go along with convenience :slight_smile:

IAmAtMyWitsEnd

gonewthewind, I was actually expecting to get news of my subscriptions…

First of when I subscribed I had to enter the domain name I was subscribing for… when you pay, you press a button that just refreshes the pages and doesn’t even give you a payment confirmation… there is a “finished” section in the menu, but the “pay” button won’t get you there, no confirmation nothiung… then when I get in control panel, it says not only that I have no domains subscriptions pending (why do they ask us to confirm domain choice if we have to chek it again after once we are in the control panel?) and finally I get a confirmation that I was charged but this was automatic … so I send a ticket asking if everything is fine or if I did something wrong, but well no answers yet…

then it says that domain should be registered within 30 minutes (e-mail confirmation under 30 minutes is that it says when you register the .com), but no news after 9hours30…

I also did a mistake with the referal system and refered a friend with 10% instead of 1 payment and I see I cannot make a change to that :\

Anyway, I have no doubts that this host is great, it’s just that it did not make me feel very safe dealing money with it yet…

explanations done ;p

Jean-Michel Desrosiers AKA Jaz