New account signup did not ask for referral

I know someone who signed up for a new Dreamhost account and wanted to use me as a referral. I told them that the easiest way would be to just type my e-mail address into the referral field when signing up, but they said that they never found the referral field. Is it still possible to get my referral credit?

Not if they’ve already signed up. The referral edit box is still there, so maybe your client didn’t see it.

A good way to ensure you get the referral is linking via your ref ID (hover your mouse over this link to see how to implement it).

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

This is really irritating, and I feel like this has happened to me before.

Either the field is not there, really hard to see, or my friend just missed it. Either way, there should be a way to correct it. I noticed the problem immediately after he signed up.

I can have an e-mail sent from the account e-mail address if I need to. It shouldn’t have to go as far as cancelling an account and re-signing up for something like this to be fixed.

There seems to have been some trouble with sign-ups lately so maybe that might have something to do with it. You could try putting in a claim to Support. Provide them with as much detail as possible, etc. Let us know how you get on (I think I may have to go through that with a client’s account that didn’t “stick” the first time around recently).

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost