New Account Having FTP Problems

Ok i just created a new account s1m0n.org
I read that i have in my FTP i type in s1m0n.org for the Host IP and my username and pw
It didnt work… So then i read the knowledge base and it said until your domain is registered you use nexus.dreamhost.com
then your user name and pw that was given to me in an email. Ok i got my User name and pw and type in nexus.dreamhost.com and my user name and pw that was given to me… It didnt work It said Password Incorrect. So i log into my Web Panel and change it to something else. I then got an Email minutes later telling me my FTP accoutn has been acctivated Use Nexus.dreamhost.com and my user name and new pw that i chose. So i did that it still says incorrect pw.

I got an email saying my domain registration was successfull but it can take up to 1-3 days so i know im not able to connect by using my domain yet

But it said i should be able to connect to that temporary machine address and yet its saying pw incorrect

Let me correct myself it actually says

FlashFXP v2.0 Release Candidate 2 (Debug Version)

Connected to nexus.dreamhost.com Port 21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.5rc1 Server (DreamHost FTP) [nexus.dreamhost.com]
USER **********
331 Password required for sjedwards.
PASS (hidden)
Connection failed (Connection lost)
Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

Did you get the message that’s sent when your FTP user is successfully created?

Im having the same problem… ;\

After signing up how long did it take to get any type of conframation email? I joined up a couple days ago and have not received anything yet.

Thanks
Randy

I was having the same problem. When I got the email letting my know that my FTP was good to go I also was getting the same errors when connecting. I found out that if I copy and paste the password that it wouldn’t work. It wasn’t until I typed in the password instead of doing a copy and paste did my problem go away. Try this and let us know if it worked.

I, too, am having the same problem. I’ve tried setting up additional users, changing the password, typing the password, etc. & nothing seems to be working.

The extra user account I set up ended up working.

I’m having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution?

I got a confirmation e-mail that FTP is setup, and I’m logging in fine, but then the server cuts the connection.

I was having the same problem. And I created a new FTP user and after that, my main ftp user that wasn’t working before instantly works. Very strange but I hope this helps.

I started my account today and I have this exact problem… did anyone get a definite solution or answer from dreamhost?