Network Solutions will not accept DH DNS

I’m trying to get a domain that my client unfortunately has 2 years prepaid on with Network Solutions to work with the hosting purchased at DreamHost. They won’t let me make the changes to the DNS because they say that:

“There is a minimum of 2 unique name servers required for each domain name registration. The update you have requested would result in less than 2 unique name servers for your domain name registration(s). You will need to submit a new request to complete your name server update.”

Does anyone have an idea of how to get them to simply change the freakin’ DNS? I wish the client would just let me transfer the registration to DH, but they don’t want to throw away the money they already spent at NetSol… sigh.

Any help is welcome.

DH have actually three unique NS.

You can find them in the KB -> https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=2478

[quote]I wish the client would just let me transfer the registration to DH, but they don’t want to throw away the money they already spent at NetSol… sigh.

[/quote]

By transferring to DreamHost (or actually any other registrar), your client’s domain registration will be EXTENDED. In other word, the money they paid will NOT be thrown away. Hope this helps.

DreamRegistrar.com

What are you trying to change the nameservers to?

They should be:
ns1.dreamhost.com
ns2.dreamhost.com
ns3.dreamhost.com

Yes, I entered those servers… NetSol is just too stupid to take them. Also, when my client tried to contact them to have them make the change by hand they said they couldn’t do anything unless she gave them her email password! Fortunately she thought this sounded fishy and asked me first. Something is seriously wrong at NetSol.

BTW: I wasn’t aware that the purchased time was transfered with the domain, what excellent news! I told my client and we have already transfered the domain to DreamHost and are looking forward to our new home here.

Thanks for the help!