Network Password

I download my emails into Microsoft Outlook, which worked fine until today. Now, in spite of the fact that I have the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” box checked (and always have), the system won’t let me download my emails without having a “Enter Network Password” pop-up box pop up. And when I do enter my password, that box disappears and another “Enter Network Password” box pops up. And again, and again. It never accepts me, and I never get my email. Any ideas?

I definitely am getting my password right. One thought was that maybe I’ve been screwing with this so long that I changed to the wrong “User Name.” Can anyone tell me what the difference is between “User Name,” “Login Name,” and “Account Name”?

Thank you!

There are some email issues at the moment so you will get password errors until DreamHost fix it.

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

I was still getting Authentication errors on the machines where I was using the E-Mail address as the user name.

I changed the user names to the regular user names

Example: m1234567

Everything is fine now.

It might be useful sending that update to Support as an informatory note. The username@domain setup should work if you have the correct username in use and not an alias (although I suppose they should work) and check you have not left the ‘use TLS’ option selected. Maybe you were just unlucky in trying when there were email hiccups.

It could just be something in your email setup that needs checking by support.

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

I specifically mentioned it the last time I communcated with them.

I think less than 5% of the users use the example@something.com as user names, so not too many people see the errors.