Needing help

Im new to all of this and im making a website www.pigeonrivershelties.net i wanted a forum within it but forgot to add /forums so now the forum is on the .net how can i change this?

You should just be able to create a folder called forums/ and move the files (and folders) to there.

well i just went to goodies and re made the forum w/ /forums nad now the directory is not letting it go through. im so darn confused!..lol.
also i cant eidt the forum because when i got to admin control it goes to 404 not found.

I’ve never used the one-click install. I don’t know what version phpBB it is but you should get the last from their web site.

Anyway. Try removing the forums from the one-click install panel (can do that?) and try again. Try putting “forums/” instead of “/forums”. It might be trying to use the same database so try to unistall it all first and if not, delete all the files needed for the forum off your host and delete the database.

acutally you shouldn’t type in a / anywhere in the folder thingy if you are using the one click install.

and the easiest way to delete the old one will to be to simply delete all of the files and remove the extra database.

-Matttail

i deleted everything and reinstalled it according to the phpbb tutoral and look what i get now www.pigeonrivershelties.net im about to go NUTS! i decided im going to just stick w/ my hosted site and use this for the forum but now i cant get anything to work. can someone fix mine from their comp?

OK, You are getting an index listing at www.pigeonrivershelties.net because you don thave an index.htm, index.html, or index.php file in the pigeonrivershelties.net/ . What did you expect to get when you went to that page?

if you go to pigeonrivershelties.net/phpBB2 you get the install script for phpBB2.

If you go to pigeonrivershelties.net/forums you get another index listing becuse you dont have any files in that directory at all. I assume it’s a failed installation and uninstalation.

I would contact support. In order for another user to clean this up for you, you will need to grant them access to your account. And that isn’t recomended unless you trust them 110%.

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page
MP3Mystic - Personal Streaming Music server.
(Links to my sites are always appreciated)

ive had 10000000 forums and websites but always used site builders this FTP crap aint worth my $$$$$ im my opp. im short tempored and about to go nuts…lol

i want the .net to be my forum how to i get an index?

But that is exactly what you said you didn’t want

[quote]I’m new to all of this and im making a website www.pigeonrivershelties.net i wanted a forum within it but forgot to add /forums so now the forum is on the .net how can i change this?

[/quote]

What do you want to appear when a user goes to
http://pigeonrivershelties.net/

if its the forum, what did you mean by:

[quote]I’m new to all of this and im making a website www.pigeonrivershelties.net i wanted a forum within it but forgot to add /forums so now the forum is on the .net how can i change this?

[/quote]

As an aside, You may do better with a host that does more hand holding (but doesn’t give you as much space or bandwidth).

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page

i didnt want the forum on there but after going through all this i decided to keep my old site and just have the forum but this is proving harder than them all. i need something because hosted site get 0.0 traffic unless you “know” people i am a dog breeder i need new traffic not just who i can tell. anyway thats beside teh point.
how do i fix this so i can have my forum on there?
when it was on there before it did no goo because all my controld were 404 not found.

Ok… What I would do, and the easiest way. Assuming you haven’t changed anything from when I tried it up a few posts ago.

I would create an index.php file that looks EXACLY like the text below (cut and paste). and put it in the pigeonrivershelties.net/ directory (from FTP).

There other ways to do this, but it seems like the easiest way to talk you through it. One advantage is, if you ever decide to move your site here, you can easily w/o moving the Forums.

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page

ok now what about this

Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL server host 'prforum.pigeonrivershelties.net ’ (1) in /home/.jas/prsheltie/pigeonrivershelties.net/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.jas/prsheltie/pigeonrivershelties.net/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.jas/prsheltie/pigeonrivershelties.net/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

thats what i get when i try to install phpbb

PS: even though im being a super ***** thank you for taking time to help me.