Need to transfer website from one domain to the other

I recently (today) got a new domain via dreamhost. My old domain name was dreadscurvy.com- I want to move my form, photos, files, etc etc from dreadscurvy.com to my new domain yeaverily.net. How do I do that? Both of the domains are all ready registered and hosted by dreamhost.

If they’re both in the same FTP home folder, like /home/evildisko/, then you can use FTP to rename their folders:
yeaverily.net > yeaverily.old
dreadscurvy.com > yeaverily.net
yeaverily.old > dreadscurvy.com (optional, but it’d be nice if the dreadscurvy.com folder existed)

Then just make sure that your website doesn’t use absolute URL references (a href=http:dreadscurvy.com/forum/index.php), but relative links instead (a href=/forum/index.php).

Thank you very much! I’ll try that right now.[hr]
Unfortunately they are all under /dreadscurvy.com as a directory. The forum is really the important thing, it was a one click phpBB install, and I need to keep the information on it. In fact I don’t even see it in my FTP directory under /dreadscurvy.com or anything.

It sounds like you opted for the Easy One-Click install, which puts it on a central server. Maybe Support can move it for you, but One-Clicks in general aren’t movable without breaking something.

The other pieces, if you’re handy with your FTP client, can be Moved to a different directory. I use Transmit that lets me move it to the parent directory, or one I specify.

Another option is to rename yeaverily.net to yeaverily.old and then see if your FTP program has a Duplicate (or Copy) option to duplicate the entire dreadscurvy.com folder (minus the Easy One-Click) over to yeaverily.net, and then strip out the stuff you don’t want to keep.

Well I’ve moved all the website information with the exception of the easy one click installs… thank you very much for your help. I will contact support about possibly moving the forum. Thank you again!