Need to count clicks off directory listing

Is there a way to keep track of clicks off a directory listing? I have a folder that just has files in it, available for download (totally legal) and it is just using default apache directory listing… I would like to be able to count the number of clicks for each of the files in this listing, is there a way to do this? The built in analog stats really suck and don’t tell me anything… additionally, grep’ing through the logs doesn’t give me an accurate click count because of 206 partial content responses.

Thanks.

the first one is no good because it is 2007 and |grep 200 counts all lines due to the date… I know I could use awk to grep in the correct column but I am just too lazy… I hadn’t thought of using -v to exclude 206… thanks for that… will give it a try.

I was hoping there would be some kind of script out there that I could use to do this and make a nice table of per day and whatnot but I may be looking for something that doesn’t exist.

I see the quotes now, thank you :slight_smile:

a lot of people are complaining about the analog. Is it possible to request DH to upgrade it? Or shall we start another poll? ha…

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

It depends on what you need, and what you like, and what you are used to. Analog serves my needs well enough; I can always grab my logs and process them myself if I want something different. :wink:

You can also install another stat package that you like better!

–rlparker