Need the IP address, not machine

Okay, this is a tad bit complicated. I wanted to move my site (anygift4free.com) to a new server. I’ve changed the nameservers and everything seems to be running smoothly, but there’s a database here that I need to backup and restore on my new server, and I can’t do that since the address to the SQL is localhost.anygift4free.com, which you can no longer access since anygift4free.com is pointing to different DNS.

I tried localhost.rupee.dreamhost.com and that didn’t work. How can I log into mySQL/phpmyadmin without my domain point to dreamhost’s DNS?

Thanks for your time.

You can change the database subdomain to a subdomain at dreamhosters.com (a DreamHost domain available for this exact purpose).

It’s the same solution as people who need to access their domain before DNS change:
Viewing site before DNS change
How can I seamlessly transfer my site to DreamHost from another host?

[color=#000000]DreamHost Promo Code[/color]: [color=#CC0000]Save $50[/color] with the promo code DREAMTEAM

I appreciate the quick reply!

I tried switching it, and the only option I had was to add it to anygift4free.dreamhosters.com, so now it’s localhost.anygift4free.dreamhosters.com… but it’s been well over 10 minutes and it’s not working. Am I doing something wrong?

Sometimes it can take a bit more than 10 minutes.

I just tried to go to http://localhost.anygift4free.dreamhosters.com and phpMyAdmin was asking for a username and password, so I guess it works now.

[color=#000000]DreamHost Promo Code[/color]: [color=#CC0000]Save $50[/color] with the promo code DREAMTEAM