Need suggestions for pictures/comments website cms

Hi, I’d like to ask you which is the best solution for CMS (if that’s what it’s called) such as joomla, drupal etc.
I want to create a website where (registered) users will upload funny/amusing pictures and other (also registered) users will be able to add comments to those. Moreover, I’d like to present in the frontpage a random photo, the latest entries (let’s say the 5 most recent) and the latest comments (say 5 again!)

Which CMS can better serve/support pictures and comments?
Also, with the suggestion I’d like you to suggest me some plugins necessary for the purposes I listed above :slight_smile: (if you can also guide me with some preferences, especially drupal, to optimize it and/or make it better I’d be grateful)

Looking forward to your suggestions, everyone is welcome!

Currently I’m using drupal & acidfree album module: http://www.ellinikoures.com/ntroupalaki/

I think most of those things boil down to personal preference and your level of experience with working with them.

You could poke around OpenSourceCMS.com and check out some of the demos & user comments there.

In addition to CMS & plugins, you could also look into sites like hotscripts.com to see if you can find any stand-alone scripts to do specific things you want done.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Even though it’s not a CMS… the one-click install of Gallery should be able to do exactly what you need.

Get $50 Off all hosting packages with promo code: MADD50 (Sign Up Here)

I would definitely recommend Gallery in the one-click installs for use. It should fit your need perfectly.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here