Need some help with xmb please

apps

i get these errors when i try to install xmb on my domain

Warning: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111) in /home/.kactus/verrlara/dreaming-rainbows.org/Partagium/db/mysql.php on line 19

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111) in /home/.kactus/verrlara/dreaming-rainbows.org/Partagium/db/mysql.php on line 19

Warning: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111) in /home/.kactus/verrlara/dreaming-rainbows.org/Partagium/db/mysql.php on line 21

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111) in /home/.kactus/verrlara/dreaming-rainbows.org/Partagium/db/mysql.php on line 21

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /home/.kactus/verrlara/dreaming-rainbows.org/Partagium/db/mysql.php on line 21
Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111)

is there any way you can help me, please

That particular error message means PHP did not know what database you wanted to connect to. You need to make sure you followed the instructions and edited the configuration file for xmb with the correct database information.

You might also get this message if the database is not available yet. To check on that, type the hostname into your browser and phpMyAdmin should ask you for the username and password. Last time I set up a database it took at least 24 hours.

This error says that your script is trying to connect to MySQL through a local socket…when it should be opening a tcp connection. Instead of using ‘localhost’ for your server, use the domain name you created when you added the MySQL database (mysql.somedomain.com).

i have the same problem with my dbase all day today! it’s down for more that 10 hours now!
error:
Warning: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111) …

but i think i’ve figured out what’s wrong. something is wrong with johnny5 server.

i just went to my control panel and tried to add another user for my dbase and i got this error:
“connect_admin failed for johnny5:dello-joio”

i hope some of the admins will check out that soon i’ve contacted support 6 hours ago and still no word from them :frowning:

Thea

thank you all for your help

but when i put in 'forum.dreaming-rainbows.org in does this

Warning: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111) in /home/.kactus/verrlara/dreaming-rainbows.org/Partagium/db/mysql.php on line 19

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111) in /home/.kactus/verrlara/dreaming-rainbows.org/Partagium/db/mysql.php on line 19

Warning: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111) in /home/.kactus/verrlara/dreaming-rainbows.org/Partagium/db/mysql.php on line 21

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111) in /home/.kactus/verrlara/dreaming-rainbows.org/Partagium/db/mysql.php on line 21

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /home/.kactus/verrlara/dreaming-rainbows.org/Partagium/db/mysql.php on line 21
Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111)

is there any way i can get there by way of ftp if i could it would help alot. i can’t get my counter to work ether. please help me.

Looks to me like it’s still trying to connect to a local MySQL server. Might I suggest contacting support about this (if you haven’t already) and / or posting the contents of the config file for the script. Obviously you should remove / change the password first, before posting it here.

one of mysql servers was down today again so maybe that caused the error.
Anyhow when you get that particular error ( “Warning: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (111) in…”)
try following so that way you’ll see if the error is on your side or it’s something wrong with the server.
Go to your database’s hostname using your web browser. ( if your MySQL hostname was mysql.mydomain.net, just point your browser to http://mysql.mydomain.net/ )
fill out user name and password and try to enter in.
If you CAN’T log in to your database, then it’s something on the server side (probably server is down or something like that).
(when i get that error message it’s always a server error! then when i’m trying to log in it keeps asking for user and pass over and over again.)

BUT if you successfully log in to your dbase while your script still doesn’t work then i’m out of ideas :slight_smile: then check out your script settings again and contact the support.
:wink: