Need some help on accounts real fast

I’m a noob when it comes to this stuff.

I have my main account on the domain dubisteinspundloch.com.

So obviously if you go to that address, you just see my listing of files. My username is novaprospekt.

I just added a buddy of mine. How does he access his files separately. His name is ninjafury.

Wouldnt it just be dusbisteinspundloch.com/ninjafury?

Using SmartFTP if it matters

No, things are done slightly differently on DreamHost. How you go about this really depends on what you are trying to achieve.

If you want to give your friend his own space, separate from your own, the easiest way would be to create a sub-domain (ie: subdomain.dubisteinspundloch.com) and specify your friends username as the FTP user for this sub-domain, using the dropdown control when creating it.

Then when your friend logs in via FTP, he will see his own home directory with a directory for this sub-domain and when you log in via FTP you will only see your own home directory and the directory for your own domain.

You can create sub-domains in the Web Admin Panel at Domains -> Manage Domains -> Add New Domain / Sub-Domain

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for details )

It’s free with my account?

So in the blank box I would type ninjafury.dubisteinspundloch.com?

And use that as the URL on SmartFTP?

http://dubisteinspundloch.com/untitled.JPG

Did I do it right?

Yes, you can host as many sub-domains (or full domains) as you like.

Yes, that looks correct to me.

Your friend can now FTP in using that sub-domain and he’ll see his own home directory, together with the web accessable directory for his sub-domain.

Of-course, anything he places in that web accessable directory (with the same name as the sub-domain) will be accessable from the Internet. However, anything he places in his home directory is not web accessable.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for details )