Need help with advanced Wordpress install

apps

I having been looking for a step by step on how to install Wordpress without using the 1-click install so that I can install custom themes. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

1. Go to Manage Domains and click Add Domain. Pick the Fully Hosted option at the top of the screen
  2. Go to One-Click installs (yes, this will let you add themes) and click on WordPress. Do the Custom installation (formerly called Advanced).
  3. Profit! (just kidding) It’ll be set up and then you can FTP to your domain and add themes, or use WordPress’s built-in Theme/Plugin system to add your own.

As long as your custom themes are packaged up in a zip-file, you can use the 1-click install. In the themes admin page, you can upload your own ZIP file. If you need to do any further customizations, you can SSH (secure telnet) in to make changes (if you’re comfortable in the Linux shell), or FTP the files.

As far as I know, if you make theme changes to other parts of WordPress, it would make it harder to maintain and upgrade (it would definitely be lost if you performed an automatic upgrade - from the dashboard or from a 1-click install).