Need help setting up FTP for my wordpress site

I really need some help…I just set up a new blog site (www.letyourmindplay.com) and installed wordpress into it, but I need to figure out how to setup the FTP server…I was able to load my page up on smartftp, but the only things I see are 2 directories called
"Maildir" and “logs”. How do I get all the other directories to show up? I need to install plugins and im supposed to install them into the wp-content/plugins directory, but like I said the only ones I see are “Maildir” and “logs”. Any help is much appreciated thanks!

-Tanner-

Did you use the new “Easy” one-click install or the regular one-click install?

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

I didnt do it personally, but I im pretty sure it may have been the “easy” one click install. Would do I need to do to reinstall it as “advanced”?

Yep. That “easy” one-click install doesn’t put the WordPress files in your user directory, and you can’t add plugins to it. :wink:

–rlparker

You can tell which was done by looking at the “Goodies>One-Click Installs” page on the web panel. If the domain shows up under “Modify / remove previously installed software (easy)?”, then it was an “Easy” install. If it shows up under “Upgrade or remove previously installed software (advanced)?”, then it was an “Advanced” install. :slight_smile:

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off

It used to show up under upgrade or install previously installed software (advanced) but I accidentally removed it from that list in attempt to clear the directory to do an advanced install, and now it doesnt appear anywhere…the site is brand new and doesnt have much on it so can I just completely clear the directory and start over? How do I do this?

Follow this new and exciting question in it’s dedicated thread over here!