Mysqldumper .htaccess

A website I work with was recently migrated to dreamhost. I have been using mysqldumper for the past 2.5 years to back up the db every night, and also for restores, creating test boards, and the like.

I installed mysqldumper on dreamhost but am having a problem with directory protection. When I create directory protection for mysqldumper and then navigate to it by url, I see Page Not Found. When I go into the mysqldumper folder by ftp and rename .htaccess and .htpasswd, and then naviagate to it by url, it functions normally.

I tried removing the .htaccess and .htpasswd created by mysqldumper and creating directory protection through htaccess/webDAV instead, but I still get Page Not Found when I navigate to it. When I go into the mysqldumper folder and rename the .htaccess created by dreamhost, then I can use mysqldumper.

It seems that any .htaccess on dreamhost makes mysqldumper inaccessible.

What is the solution?

Thanks

What’s in your .htaccess file?

Thanks for your reply

Mysqldumper .htaccess

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine off </IfModule> AuthName "MySQLDumper" AuthType Basic AuthUserFile "/home/***/***.org/***/.htpasswd" require valid-user

Dreamhost .htaccess

### Generated by Dreamhost. DO NOT modify!!! ### AuthType Basic AuthUserFile /home/***/***.org/***/.htpasswd AuthName "Members Area" require valid-user ################################################

I have no trouble using Mysqldumper on FutureQuest, Successful Hosting, 1and1, or WAMP.

Any help greatly appreciated.