MySQL version

What’s the lastest version of MySQL DreamHost supports? I’d like to use view and store procedure, and I’m hoping to find a hosting company with MySQL 5 support.

Thanks in advance.

According to my own PHP info, we are running MySQL 5.0.16; however, you should make your own PHP info file to check. Make, upload, and browse the following PHP file:<?php phpinfo(); ?>----------------
Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites (business site) | si-blog (personal site with affiliate links)

Careful here Simon…

PHP’s MySQL Client API is version 5.0.16, but DreamHost is running MySQL 4.1.14 according to my phpinfo page.

You can verify this by taking a look at phpMyAdmin…

[color=#000000]DreamHost Promo Code[/color]: [color=#CC0000]Save $50[/color] with the promo code DREAMTEAM

You are absolutely right. It appears I have MySQL 4.1.14 as well. I’m surprised, because 5.0 is the current recommended stable release.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites (business site) | si-blog (personal site with affiliate links)

There is an active suggestion in the Web panel (dated 2005-09-08) asking for an upgrade to MySQL 5.

It might be worth a vote for those that want/need this.

Mark

Save $50 on DreamHost hosting using promo code “SAVEFIFTY” ( DreamHost Promo Code )

Voted.

Simon Jessey